Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop Irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Piece of cake moving something that small, my shop cat Ellington and I moved a Hammer B3 into my basement one morning.

Attachment 377847Attachment 377848

regards, Rod.
    I guess the handy lift is the kind of tool I heard about somewhere. It seems to work well on a straight staircase. Mine has a landing in two staircases...but my wife will never agree to me using machines like a tablesaw in the house anyway.

Simon

Unfortunately Ellington isn't in any of the photographs, however he's more of a dog than a cat, always inspecting and offering his brand of "help". Too many freshly sharpened chisels on the bench? No problem, he's happy to wing them off onto the concrete floor so he has enough room to sit on the bench while I'm working.

When I was winching the machine up the ramp to bring it in the house, he had to stick his head up through the ramp, and got caught. Fortunately it was a come-along so he wasn't injured at all, he just couldn't pull his head back out. Let it down the ramp a couple of clicks and he was out and now investigating on top of the ramp.

Here's a photo of him inspecting machine setup.

Attachment 377872

regards, Rod.
    Every shop needs a snoopervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fleming View Post
    Every shop needs a snoopervisor.
    Snoopervisor, I really like that Arthur, I might just quote you on that...............Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Day View Post
    I picked up a 3HP Sawstop PCS over the weekend. I thought I would post the irony of injuring a finger (pulled a tendon) helping load a saw that's meant to save fingers. My fault for trying to improperly muscle around many hundreds of pounds, but thought it too funny not to share having injured a finger before I even got the saw home!
    Hate that for you man, but you got a hell of a saw there and you will have years of great saw! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    I think the manual recommends three persons to handle the saw.
    I asked two coworkers to come over to help me get it off of my truck, then onto the mobile base. It turned out that three was a crowd. I mostly stood by and watched while they did the heavy lifting.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Snoopervisor, I really like that Arthur, I might just quote you on that...............Rod.
    I wish I could say I coined it, but that would be a lie. We have two, one very much a cat, the other like Ellington. I am a dog person, but they aren’t allowed where we live if they weigh more than 30 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Derryberry View Post
    I think you should sue the idiot that made a saw that heavy and then ask the gov't to force the entire saw industry to start making them out of styrofoam.
    You mean carbon fiber re-enforced Styrofoam....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    As the owner of a 1973 Unisaw, congrats on the Saw Stop. I am thinking of going the opposite way, I am negotiating on an Oliver 270D industrial table saw.
    approximate weight...... 1800 pounds.

I believe it uses a 1" arbor and a 14" blade

Next post from Chris...... "I broke the cement slab in my garage today. I will fix that after my hernia surgery."

Arthur, my youngest daughter Michelle purchased a Bernese before she moved back home with us, Macbeth was a puppy at that time.

Ellington took him under his wing, and taught him everything he needed to know. Now he's more of a cat than a dog.

It's hilarious, Ellington is on medication for a hyper thyroid condition, so he's almost always hungry and will eat almost anything. Macbeth, who as a dog should eat everything, won't eat it until he sees Ellington eat it.

new kind of sandwich meat? Macbeth won't touch it until Ellington eats it first, just hilarious...........Rod.
    Ellington and Macbeth 2017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    Hate that for you man, but you got a hell of a saw there and you will have years of great saw! Cheers.
    Thanks Keith! I got it put together yesterday. The finish on the cast iron tabletop is exquisite. My buddy and I lifted it onto the mobile base (before attaching the extension wings or anything else to the saw). I'm really glad I decided to go with the ICS mobile base... couldn't be easier to roll around the shop!

Arthur, my youngest daughter Michelle purchased a Bernese before she moved back home with us, Macbeth was a puppy at that time.

Ellington took him under his wing, and taught him everything he needed to know. Now he's more of a cat than a dog.

It's hilarious, Ellington is on medication for a hyper thyroid condition, so he's almost always hungry and will eat almost anything. Macbeth, who as a dog should eat everything, won't eat it until he sees Ellington eat it.

new kind of sandwich meat? Macbeth won't touch it until Ellington eats it first, just hilarious...........Rod.
    Ellington and Macbeth 2017.jpg
    It’s great they get along, our cats eat like dogs (as in always), As a kid we always had dogs, mostly German Shepherd mixes. There is just a nice warm fuzzy feeling when you walk through the door, and the dog/cat is there to greet you, and their day has been made just by you being there.