Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The GRIZZLY Challenge

1. Thank you all for the kind comments.

Since we all love wood, here's what the kitchen cabinets look like. This is just a small section, but shows the "private stock" of my wood that was used. No, I did not build the cabinets, but certainly was involved very much in the woods used and the design. The guy that built them is a long time Grizzly customer and a master woodworker. All his machines are Grizzly. The lucky thing for me was this was his last big job before he retired! The Woods are Curly Maple, Curly Koa and Wenge trim. This compilation and look was extremely difficult to assemble and make look right, cabinet after cabinet. Its a large kitchen with a huge island and this section is just the top lid above the double ovens.

Shiraz, that is terrific! I'm thankful that wood was used in a great design. Would love to see more pics, and please show more of cornice.

That is, um...unspeakably beautiful curly material! Wowsa...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

4. Yessiree.....wowza indeed! With cabinetry like that, every trip to the kitchen for morning coffee would be a special event indeed! Congrats on your beautiful kitchen, Shiraz!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

This is the quality of work that I can only dream about.That person is one talented wood whisperer

Shiraz, would the woodworker doing the work be our friend on Lummi Island?
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    Shiraz, would the woodworker doing the work be our friend on Lummi Island?
    No, he is not.

Are you only able to vote on Facebook? If so I'm out of supporting these guys and the great contest you put on.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Are you only able to vote on Facebook? If so I'm out of supporting these guys and the great contest you put on.
    Yes, sorry about that. You can only vote through Facebook and it is a manual task for us to add them as Facebook only allows 2 choices to tabulate automatically from. We have three, so we will count manually.

To vote, go to the Grizzly challenge page on our site http://www.grizzly.com/grizzly-challenge ,

like the Grizzly Facebook page and then make a comment about who gets your vote. It was interesting what they made. All different styles.

I think the potential issue here is that there are many folks who do not use Facebook for any number of reasons, so if that's the only avenue to vote, they will not be able to do so.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Will Walker's build is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwIh2FuFag

Kyle Toth's build is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAWeHg9NjUU

Chris Salomone's build is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eTyrYruLVc

You don't have to vote to enjoy the videos or the unique pieces these 3 gentlemen conjured up. I have Facebook and I'm not voting.
    -Lud

Stunning wood and superb craftsmanship! (and the design ain't too bad either...).

Thanks for taking the time to share; we can all appreciate the intrinsic beauty.

So who won?

The website Shiraz linked to in the first post says Will Walker won. No idea what he made or what happened though, as I’m not on social media at all. Would be nice if a synopsis was posted here since the thread was stickied and advertised here and all.

Matt, post #26 above has links to the various builds.