Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about importing laser from China

Questions about importing laser from China

I read a few posts on here but need more info form anyone that has done this. I am considering purchasing this laser or something similair.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lase...ceBeautifyAB=4

I have a K40 that works good just want something bigger, what is the process of going through customs etc? is it exspensive? do you hire someone to deal with them? I have never dealt with this before.

does anyone have an idea on total cost of customs fees etc?

Cody
    Thre have been numerous posts regarding the importing of equipment from China. I suggest you do a search and prepare for some heavy reading.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Contact somebody who handles this sort of thing.

valexander.com

You can chose who you want but that's a good place to start...actually the only one I know about.
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

Thank you I will look into valexander.com

I used CBClogistics.com They are a customs brokerage and freight forwarder. They have several offices. I used the one out of Chicago.
    Also, when you order the laser, ask about ports. I had mine shipped to Chicago as my port. Several sellers never offered this choice. Since
    I am in WI, it saved me time and money.

Blog Entries
    Search the site, I've posted many times, as have others. It isn't the customs but shipping that is expensive.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

They all list free shipping to seaport. Is that a scam? I can drive to Detroit easily Chicago I could even do.

Can someone give me.an example of.what they paid in customs fees?

Just received my XTLaser from China...shipping was $550 and DHL charged me another $380 for broker fees , to handle customs and deliver to my door.It was in customs for a week because it was a laser and required some more documents from the importer.

Blog Entries
    To Seaport, i.e. San Diego, Vancouver, Seattle......Yep, most have that included in the price. From US port to you is Your responsibility and cost, I paid $700 shipping to my door from west coast port to Arkansas. May have been a bit less from New Orleans, but I didn't check.... around $400 duty and broker fees
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    To Seaport, i.e. San Diego, Vancouver, Seattle......Yep, most have that included in the price. From US port to you is Your responsibility and cost, I paid $700 shipping to my door from west coast port to Arkansas. May have been a bit less from New Orleans, but I didn't check.... around $400 duty and broker fees
    Thank you,

I live about 2 hours from Detroit and most consider that a seaport. If It is going to cost me an extra $400 in fees I am may just buy one of ebay, I can get a slightly larger machine shipped to my door for $1100 more. Importing a machine is looking like its not worth it.

I appreciate your time and input.

That's a big K40 Cody and not really worth bothering with. Look for a machine that has a DSP controller as it will be a lot more realiable and easy to fix if it has any problems
    You did what !

>>They all list free shipping to seaport. Is that a scam?<<

Doesn't that mean they pay for shipping from the factory to the nearest seaport on the coast in China?
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by cody michael View Post
    Thank you,

I live about 2 hours from Detroit and most consider that a seaport. If It is going to cost me an extra $400 in fees I am may just buy one of ebay, I can get a slightly larger machine shipped to my door for $1100 more. Importing a machine is looking like its not worth it.

I appreciate your time and input.
    Do yourself a favor and read the posts on here about eBay laser engravers. There are USA venders of Chinese machines, as LightObject dot com, Rabbit Laser USA and others if you search. When you purchase the cheap POS ones off eBay please remember unless you can troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and just plain everything, please do not expect a lot of help.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Unless you are willing to change out tube, and probably many other things on the laser, don't waste your time with an eBay POS. Bill is right, and if k40 controller, it is pretty much garbage too. If you RESEARCH, not just here but elsewhere, and read between the lines, almost 100% of the k40s that work are modified heavily or they don't work.

And Sorry, just What Ocean does MI have? That is a LAKE. Sorry, just had to do that. No, they won't pay to ship inland into the US, YOU will do that, either in price or added......
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Do yourself a favor and read the posts on here about eBay laser engravers. There are USA venders of Chinese machines, as LightObject dot com, Rabbit Laser USA and others if you search. When you purchase the cheap POS ones off eBay please remember unless you can troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and just plain everything, please do not expect a lot of help.
    I have a K40 currently and I have been very happy with it. I just want something bigger with a bigger bed.

spending even the 2,000 on that laser would be hard to afford, there is no chance of affording anything more expensive.

Thank you all for your help.