Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a friend who....

I have a friend who....

would like to know how long it takes to wear Gorilla glue off your hands?

He might have been building a turning blank storage rack in my shop today.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

A friend told me about 2 weeks.

Thank your friend for me!
    Ken

Your "friend" should just wear greasy overalls and chew on a piece of straw and nobody will notice the black glue...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

unsure about ape glue. found out through a scientific study that CA glue takes 4.7 days to peel off of left hand fingers. Told the darn assistant to leave me apply the glue. that I intended to put nitrile gloves on first. Instead.. she shakes the vial after removing the lid and droplets go everywhere. Still a spot on the leather stool cushion. You'd think an RN would know better.

Blog Entries
    I find that I can remove it before it sets with a rag and some lacquer thinner in a few seconds. Once it cures you are looking at at least a week.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Perry...you can also use CA glue remover which is much faster than wearing the CA off. Unfortunately, the Gorilla Glue leaves a black stain on flesh...not pretty. Lee's idea sounds pretty good.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Instead.. she shakes the vial after removing the lid and droplets go everywhere. Still a spot on the leather stool cushion. You'd think an RN would know better.
    Saw something similar to this in a restaurant but it was a waitress with a ketchup bottle with a loose cap and a customer with a white shirt.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It took me about a week to get my thumbprint back recently. I was prepping some pen blanks and got Gorilla glue on my thumb and I thought I had wiped it off completely but I didn't get it all. For a week I couldn't use my thumbprint to get into my iPad of my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I find that I can remove it before it sets with a rag and some lacquer thinner in a few seconds.
    And if you don't have acetone handy, the best thing to do is wipe the glue (somewhat) off with a DRY cloth or paper towel. Washing with water or using a damp cloth makes Gorilla glue set faster.

"My friend" was assembling a frame that used horizontal and vertical cross-members that interlocked using half-lap joints. Because the vertical member had to interlock with 3 horizontal members simultaneously, he had to put glue on all 3 joints at the same time and then begin screwing the joints. Thus, his left hand has more Gorilla glue on it than his right hand which was holding the racheting impact driver. So when he went to supper last night with his wife, he kept his left hand under the table most of the time.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-27-2018 at 2:08 PM.
    Ken

I predict ...that modernized historical texts will soon use "Gorilla Glue" to replace "leprosy".

Does "your friend" know you are publishing all his embarrassing stories on a public forum? If you're not careful he may start telling tales about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Does "your friend" know you are publishing all his embarrassing stories on a public forum? If you're not careful he may start telling tales about you.
    He does. Yet, I have a hard time imagining losing him as a friend.
    Ken

Ken, your friend and my friend have much in common. Yesterday mine told me that he CA glued his wedding ring to his finger. I told him to go get some nail polish remover from his wife and that should help. I also told him to write a note to keep some debonder on hand too.
    Tony

"Soldier On"