Thread: Great customer service from Kreg

Great customer service from Kreg

My nearly new Kreg K5 jig was sticking with the clamp handle in the up position. I could not get it to go back down without tapping it with a hammer. I called Kreg customer service and, after a short diagnostic conversation, the representative said that a rivet was likely not aligned properly and he would send out a new unit. He asked where I bought the jig and I said either from Kreg or Amazon, but I honestly didn't remember which. He said it didn't matter. The call was on a Friday and he said I should have the jig by the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I actually received it Monday. Just wanted to give them some online appreciation for treating their customers well.

Some years ago I was using one of the jigs.

Took the special drill bit out of the drill, set it on the workbench.

Somehow, I bumped it... rolled off as I watched it and hit the concrete floor and shattered into 3 + pieces.. never seen that happen w a bit.

Called them, sent one out free of charge.

Marc

About six months ago i bought their work bench and the little black knob on the clamp wouldn't adjust the clamp. I called them first thing on a Friday morning and Saturday Fed Ex was at the front door with a new one!

yeah, they're great...I have one of their adjustable shelf hole jigs and found out (the very hard way) that it wasn't reversible (slightly different measure from edge to first hole on each end), contacted them about the problem, and ended up getting a free deep clamp from them.

admittedly this was the first time I had ever used their jig for such and didn't follow exacting procedure of indexing repeatedly to get aligned holes on each bulkhead (in the past I just made a master template for the size of a box and made sure to reference bottom only and of course assuming the cabinet is set properly with no racking things always worked grand)...heck, even with a high dollar line boring machine you HAVE to index things to make sure it's all aligned to a small margin of error)...in a nutshell between the jig being off and my lack of experience on the endeavor I ended up having to plug most all holes and very carefully redrill by hand (yeah, I found out how bad things were when fitting in the shelves...DOH)

Same here, was missing the pin for their miter gauge and they send it out quickly no questions asked.
    That and the fact that they make stuff in the USA is why I pay more for their tools.

I sent a bit in for sharpening thought I had it packed well but all that arrived at Kreg was the envelope and my check for sharpening. They sent me a new drill for the cost of sharpening.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

If you notice, you NEVER hear bad things about Kreg customer service. It's like I say about pocket hole jigs. There are two types of pocket hole jig owners, those who bought Kreg the first time, and those who wish they had.