Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood glue on cast iron table saw top

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Adamsen View Post
    Almost all the Titebond are extremely acidic. This explains why they have such a negative impact on tool surfaces and also clamps. TBII for instance has a pH of 3.0 ... which is exceptionally acidic. If you glue up with TBII and wipe the glue with your thumb, you will likely be typing in your iPhone password for the next week or so.

Fortunately they remove easily with a razor blade, and if cleaned thoroughly the surface shouldn't oxidize too badly.
    I get titebond all over my fingers when I do glue-ups. I kind of enjoy peeling off the dried up glue from fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Marty View Post
    I get titebond all over my fingers when I do glue-ups. I kind of enjoy peeling off the dried up glue from fingers
    I think he meant that the acidic nature of TBII will eat/alter your fingerprint thus making it unrecognizable to a thumb print reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Derryberry View Post
    Next project: assembly table.
    Well, it IS a table before it is a saw...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got the glue all scraped off. The steel wool and mineral spirits worked quite well for taking off the rust stains. I can also tell a difference with the paste wax.