Thread: Galvo Fiber Laser Marking Angle Question

Galvo Fiber Laser Marking Angle Question

Hi All,

I am new to the site and this is my first post

I took delivery of a galvo fiberlaser yesterday (20w Raycus source) and I have been doing a lot of reading up for the past few months whilst waiting for delivery. There's one particular parameter that has got me stumped...

When I look at the marking guide here https://www.needham-coding.com/wp-co...ual-REV214.pdf. I see that the guide lists different angles for each material, 90°, 180°, 315° etc.

What do these mean and how are they put to use? I've only test engraved 1 piece of anodized Aluminum so far using the 90° option and it looks pretty good. What are the degree angles in reference to as I'm putting the work piece right under the lens so I'm assuming around 90° right? Any help is greatly appreciated

Wesley

Different angles? Usually the Lens focal length determines the active marking area of the galvo. Ok your talking about Hatching angles, correct?
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-26-2018 at 8:35 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hi Bill,

I've just had another play with my laser and realized that the document is referring to hatching angles yes. For some reason I thought it was the angle at which the beam left the lens .

Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to using these different angles?

Thanks,

Wesley