Thread: I box joint jig

Blog Entries

I box joint jig

I like it. But the freaking screw that moves even after you tighten the black knob on top, just cost me time and money.

Sigh.

End rant

I would definitely like to know more about this as I bought one that has been very gently used this last year. I haven't had an occasion to use it yet but was probably going to soon. Almost sounds like I should stick with the box joint jig I built based on one William Ng uses. Really sorry to hear this trouble for you. Other people have the same issue?

Blog Entries
    I guess it's my fault. I moved it off the track in order to do something cut up some new plywood because I legitimately made a mistake with it. I didn't offset the third piece like you are supposed to.

So I moved the jig from my table saw in order to cut the new sheet.

Anyway, the silver screw that dictates the width of the male by moving the spreader back and forth moves even while the black knob is tightened. It can definitely move out at least. So, I must have bumped it.

I glued up a new piece. Not a huge deal, but fairly annoying.

I never had it fail when I just bust out four sides in one sitting, for what is worth.

Cheers,

I think something is wrong with your I-Box jig. I frequently remove mine from the saw, put it in the storage box that I built for it, and use the table saw for something else, including changing the blade. When I re-install the Box joint blade and place the I-Box jig back on the saw, I can resume cutting the same box joints with no difference in the jig settings.

Maybe you should be talking to Incra Customer Service about this.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    I think something is wrong with your I-Box jig. I frequently remove mine from the saw, put it in the storage box that I built for it, and use the table saw for something else, including changing the blade. When I re-install the Box joint blade and place the I-Box jig back on the saw, I can resume cutting the same box joints with no difference in the jig settings.

Maybe you should be talking to Incra Customer Service about this.

Charley
    This is very good to hear Charley.

Andrew, please let us know if you talk to Incra and how that conversation goes. I've already dealt with their CS department on the I-Box jig regarding a missing part or two. They were great. Replaced the parts no charge. Hope you get it figured out!

Mike