Thread: paper template digitized and cut out with cnc

paper template digitized and cut out with cnc

https://youtu.be/6jRUjHG_-j0 paper template digitized cut out on a cnc machine and laid

back on the paper template and its a perfect fit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe I am missing something, so its a large digitizing pad, like the tablets we used for AutoCAD? Expensive?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

google logic trace john walsh he is the guy behind all this tech

Yes I can certainly see the value in that.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

We looked into a trace table for a batch of work. 4k was too steep at the time. We've had very good luck with a few measures and an overhead image of the template imported into whatever software we need to use.

The table would be nice but in hind sight I'm glad it didn't pan out. If we weren't using it daily I couldn't afford the floor space.

Super cool though for sure.

You must do a lot of this. Now that I watched the video and looked at the link it does seem to be a tad pricey. If I up the cost a bit I can get a 3D laser scanner and then I can reverse engineer a lot of things.

Agreed. If you are in a market where 2d reproductions are profitable several times a day this would be the ticket.

it is expensive but he has tables that can be 25 feet x 5 feet wide, he must have customers that are digitizing large patterns
    What really cool is he can draw complicated diagrams over the board joint, there I a gap between he 2boards

The price of the digitizers over 8' sure seem to get expensive. Over $12k and I can buy a 3d scanner that is quite a bit more versatile for small parts like these. I fear they are going down the path of the VHS. We have a $100k 3d laser scanner that can we use to scan buildings. We can collect data from up to 1000ft away to within 1/8" under the right conditions. This solution is ahead with the "direct to dwg" part, but that is not far away in the future for scanning options. Cool machine nonetheless.

its all amazing stuff and available to the ordinary user