I am in the market for a new CO2 laser and one of the machines I am looking at is a Universal Laser in the XLS platform. From the scouring of these forums I wasn't able to find any or much regarding this model. I was wondering if any members on here have had any experience using this laser and if there is any noticeable differences or pros/cons of the XLS platform versus the PLS and ILS models. Also, after sending materials in for testing it was recommended that I go with a multi wave machine (one being a 10.6μm CO2 and the other being a 9.3μm CO2). Does anyone have any experience and/or input regarding having the ability to have multiple wavelengths depending on materials being processed. Does it truly make a difference on certain materials or is it more of a marketing ploy?

Also, in the past couple of years reading this forum I've noticed that is weighted heavily towards engraving (obviously since the category specifies engraving), but I was wondering if there was also a similar forum where the members have a higher emphasis on cutting (other than wood) rather than engraving.