Thread: Is this compressor decent?

Is this compressor decent?

I've got an old compressor which I run an air blower, and a couple HVLP guns off of. My compressor works fine but it is old and makes some weird noises lately. My father-in-law is selling a compressor he has from back in his finishing days. It's a DevilBliss IRL6560V with very low hours. Anyone with experience with this model? Is this a decent unit? I can't find ANY information on it on the web - no manuals, no specs, no reviews, heck, it's not even on Devilbliss's website(although their website seems piss poor).

Anyone have insight on this? The price is negotiable - I think he just wants to get it out of his basement more than anything.

Thanks!
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail/IRL6560V#

looks like it should be a good compressor. manual above.

13 scfm @ 40 psi and 10 @ 90

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post
    https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail/IRL6560V#

looks like it should be a good compressor. manual above.

13 scfm @ 40 psi and 10 @ 90

DeWalt? I thought is was an DevilBliss?

Hey thanks for the reply. So, this is a single stage. It's been a LONG time since I shopped compressors. Is a single stage the "thump thump thump thump" type? That seems like such a funny way to ask about a compressor, but I Remember from my research years ago, that some compressors are really loud, but not the "thump thump" types. I can't remember if that had to do with how many stages there were, or if it had a v-twin head or not.
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

A google search on "IRL6560V" brings up several pictures such as this one. If this is the compressor, then I think it would be a decent tool. This one has 2 pistons so its not going to sound so "thump thump" as an older, slower single piston model.

compressor.jpg
    Last edited by Frankie Hunt; 01-25-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

This is the exact compressor. What would you offer to pay? I was thinking $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Hunt View Post
    A google search on "IRL6560V" brings up several pictures such as this one. If this is the compressor, then I think it would be a decent tool. This one has 2 pistons so its not going to sound so "thump thump" as an older, slower single piston model.

compressor.jpg
    --

That's a darn nice compressor. If you can get it for $200, that would be an outstanding deal, IMHO, if it's in good working order. Remember, a brand new, reasonably equivalent is going to cost between $500 and $1000, depending on the brand, model and deal-du-jour.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sweet. OK, I'm going to jump on it then. I don't "need" it but my current compressor came 40 years old and is making weird noise. Better grab up this one.

Thanks to all for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That's a darn nice compressor. If you can get it for $200, that would be an outstanding deal, IMHO, if it's in good working order. Remember, a brand new, reasonably equivalent is going to cost between $500 and $1000, depending on the brand, model and deal-du-jour.
    --

the dewalt service thing just has parts and manuals for lots of different brands. Maybe the same parent company? dont know.

yea, that is a screaming deal. jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dowell View Post
    This is the exact compressor. What would you offer to pay? I was thinking $200.
    $200 would be a great deal. If I were in need I would go up to $450, but would hope for less.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!