Thread: Is there a way to eliminate the second thumbnail when posting a picture?

Is there a way to eliminate the second thumbnail when posting a picture?

When I insert an image from my computer into a thread, I see a second thumbnail of the image, labeled as "Attached thumbnails".

Like in this thread:

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....on-plywood-how

My picture is on page-2.
    Is there a way to not have the "Attached thumbnails" show up? It is just redundant and confusing.

EDIT: Wow, the "Attached thumbnails" even show in this post just by putting the link to the thread above.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    They appear to be two different photos and have different information in the lower right corner.
    Square to cut plywood 01 1812.jpgSquare to cut plywood 1838.jpg

Both photos were downloaded tom my computer and then uploaded from my computer in line. No thumbnails occured.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    They appear to be two different photos and have different information in the lower right corner.
    Square to cut plywood 01 1812.jpgSquare to cut plywood 1838.jpg

Both photos were downloaded tom my computer and then uploaded from my computer in line. No thumbnails occured.
    What happened is that I uploaded a photo (the one in the "Attached Thumbnails") but before submitting the post, I realized a better way to make the square. So I deleted that photo and uploaded the revised photo. Then I submitted my reply.

It seems that this forum's software remembered the first photo even though I deleted it. My post only shows the 2nd photo so the forum software appears to have a bug in remembering deleted photos.

Is there a way to delete the photo in the "Attached Thumbnails" display? Or why does the software even display attached thumbnails?

Quote Originally Posted by mike sato View Post
    Is there a way to delete the photo in the "Attached Thumbnails" display? Or why does the software even display attached thumbnails?
    Yes, click on "Go Advanced" (if necessary), scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on the Manage Attachments button. In the dialog box click the "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnail of the attachment you want to remove at the bottom of the dialog. Then click "Done" or close the dialog.

If you insert a photo in-line the attachment thumbnail does not show up. If you delete an in-line photo the thumbnail will show up at the bottom of the message unless you delete it as mentioned.

JKJ

Mike,

A Moderator can probably do it.

A Member can make changes such as this if it's done during the first 24 hours after a post is made, IIRC. You do it by selecting " Edit post" and there in you can make those changes, again, IIRC.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Yes, click on "Go Advanced" (if necessary), scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on the Manage Attachments button. In the dialog box click the "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnail of the attachment you want to remove at the bottom of the dialog. Then click "Done" or close the dialog.

If you insert a photo in-line the attachment thumbnail does not show up. If you delete an in-line photo the thumbnail will show up at the bottom of the message unless you delete it as mentioned.

JKJ
    Almost excellent.
    1. "Go Advanced" (if necessary),
    2. scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and
    3. click on the Manage Attachments button.
    4. In the dialog box click the "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnail of the attachment you want to remove at the bottom of the dialog.

zzCapture.jpg

..... I didn't see an "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnails. I did see a box at the lower right corner of the thumbnails, so I checked the two images I wanted to delete as shown in the picture above.

5. Then click "Done" or close the dialog.
    ..... I clicked the "Done" button. The unwanted images were not deleted. Nothing changed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike sato View Post
    Almost excellent.
    ..... I didn't see an "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnails. I did see a box at the lower right corner of the thumbnails, so I checked the two images I wanted to delete as shown in the picture above.

What am I doing wrong?
    The "X" appears for me only when I move the mouse pointer to "hover" over the thumbnail. This may not work with a tablet with no way to hover. I don't know.

This is what I see when the cursor is over the thumbnail.
    attachment.jpg

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    The "X" appears for me only when I move the mouse pointer to "hover" over the thumbnail. This may not work with a tablet with no way to hover. I don't know.

This is what I see when the cursor is over the thumbnail.
    attachment.jpg

JKJ
    You do have to hover over the X and click on it. Your thumbnail photo has been deleted.....
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    You do have to hover over the X and click on it. Your thumbnail photo has been deleted.....
    I'll remember your lesson if it happens again.
    Thank you very much.
    Mike