Thread: Mostly Shaker

Blog Entries

Mostly Shaker

I'm looking at Norm Abrams book "Mostly Shaker". There is a picture on the cover of a wall clock.
    I have decided to make that clock. Have any of you made that clock. I'm curious,
    I've been a Norm fan for many years.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 01-23-2018 at 11:24 PM.

I have not built it Lowell, but it looks very nice. Glad to see you are recovered enough from the hurricane to start making some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I'm looking at Norm Abrams book "Mostly Shaker". There is a picture on the cover of a wall clock.
    I have decided to make that clock. Have any of you made that clock. I'm curious,
    I've been a Norm fan for many years.

Blog Entries
    Nicholas, we are in our house and it is fully functional.
    We have FEMA coverage and my oldest son is a contractor. We were first on his list. My shop is intact, there are few misplaced tools, but they will show up.
    My first project will be a new bench with drawers. After that, the clock.

Blog Entries
    I have built three of them. Sold one, gave one as a gift and the third (and best) is visible each time we enter the house as it hangs on a shaker peg. They are not that difficult, but I'll probably never build another. My plan is just like Norms (have that book too), but mine came from the three Shaker small books by Ejner Handburg. Go for it, you'll be glad you did each time you look at it.

Blog Entries
    That settles it. I will look for clock works tomorrow. I think I will build mine using mesquite. I have a rocking chair I made using mesquite. I made it almost 20 years ago.