View Poll Results: Which side of glass shelves should be up?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The smooth side should be up

13 41.94%
  • The smooth side should be down

3 9.68%
  • I don't care which side is up

5 16.13%
  • I don't have glass shelves in my medicine cabinet

10 32.26%

Thread: Smooth side up or down

Blog Entries

Smooth side up or down

Many medicine cabinets have glass shelves that are smooth on one side and pebbled on the other. A recent thread on this forum asked which side of the glass should be up and there were divers opinions. Here is a poll to see what the majority feel is the correct way to orient the smooth and pebbled sides. This poll will close in 10 days.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-22-2018 at 6:33 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Every cabinet I've seen with textured glass shelves had the smooth side up. I have a large display case for my pottery collection, and although the glass shelves are smooth on both sides, I can't imagine using a textured side up for the collection.

Didn't vote because my situation isn't in the list. I have no medicine cabinets in the way you describe.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not only do I not have glass shelves in a medicine cabinet...I don't have a medicine cabinet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have wood shelves, but... why would they make a rough side unless it was supposed to be up? I mean, wouldn't they just have two smooth sides if a smooth side was supposed to be up?

The smooth side is a lot easier to clean. I think the rough side is just to make the shelf visible.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mine are smooth on both sides.