Thread: MM16 parts question, where to order

MM16 parts question, where to order

I have a MM 16, my switch will not pop back out when you turn the knob. I know that Sam is no longer with MM, Can anyone tell me where to order parts? Thanks

Parts Pronto is the source for SCM/Minimax.

I have not heard that Sam left the business. Erik did, however. Where did you hear that Sam left?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Google the part #.
    There are cheaper places.

Is this just a standard mushroom stop switch that you push to stop and rotate to enable? Fits a 22 or maybe a 30mm hole?
    Bill D

I did not save the link, but there is a decent write up by someone on replacing the switch somewhere on the web. It is not quite the same as swapping out a non-high tech switch.
    David

Jim, when I was doing the searches yesterday on here. I read Eric where Eric said that he was not with them any longer. So I quit searching and posted this. I hope he is still with them, He was always a Great Help. I also noticed on one of your threads, that you had his contact info. Could pm it to me? Thanks

Butch, I think you could probably contact Eric here via PM and he'll respond. He's helped a lot of folks since his departure from MM/SCM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bill it is the one you are describing. You just push the red knob and it cuts off, then you twist the same red knob and inside the rubber window it pops out the little button inside that you push to start the saw again. When I twist the red knob it will not pop the other one out, to turn it on. Thanks for any advice and help you guys can give. MM16 is a great piece of machinery

Thanks Ken, I will try to pm him now. What is Eric's last name?

Thanks Mike, I will try that.

Butch, I re found the great MM16 switch repair article at http://www.solowoodworker.com/mm/switch.html Helpful write up including close up photos. Just some FYI, he says to remove your switch from the housing and hit the switch armature with electrical contact cleaner before doing anything. Maybe it is just stuck. Also, when talking to the SCM tech on the phone, I was told that quite often an "overload coil" (or something like that, it has been awhile) also needs replacing when the switch is replaced. I ended up ordering both the switch and the coil from the (expensive) SCM parts department. The parts were:

Product Number - 0001342255G Remote Overload (3-pole) 16-20 amp-MBS25
    Product Number - 0001301601B Coil RM25-230v

And then after spending a mint, I realized something was sort of on again-off again and discovered one of my hot leads was sparking in a junction box and did not need to swap the switch out. Please do better than I did.
    David

Butch, his name is Eric Loza.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Spears View Post
    Jim, when I was doing the searches yesterday on here. I read Eric where Eric said that he was not with them any longer. So I quit searching and posted this. I hope he is still with them, He was always a Great Help. I also noticed on one of your threads, that you had his contact info. Could pm it to me? Thanks
    Butch, in your post you said "Sam" which is why I questioned it. Erik did leave the business. Sam is the current rep.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

David Thanks, I will go to the thread and check it out. Might get luckey

MM 16 switch

Update, Thanks for the help guys. The switch is on the way to me. I found out some helpful info from all of you on this thread. Thanks Again