Thread: Minimize To Job - Corel Draw - Trotec Speedy 100 - Job Control

Minimize To Job - Corel Draw - Trotec Speedy 100 - Job Control

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this in the place on the forum.

Does anyone else have this issue, when 'Minimize To Job' is ticked and is working fine on Jobs sent to Trotec Job Control and then for no reason it un-ticks itself? (Print Preferences Corel 7) See image.
    Very annoying, because unless you check to see if it's ticked on every job (which takes time) you don't find out until you have sent loads of jobs to Job Control only to find out you need to do them all again.

Both Job Control and Corel 7 are up to date.

I've seen this issue on both Windows 7 and 10 (installed on a clean system).

Regards,

Les

jc.jpg

It's a known bug. I'd recommend calling Trotec, just to register it being one more person that's reported it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    It's a known bug. I'd recommend calling Trotec, just to register it being one more person that's reported it.
    Hi,

I'll call Trotec UK support again, I have called them a few times and UK support have never heard of the problem.

Do you know if the same issue happens with Adobe illustrator?

Regards,

Les

Yes, it's a well documented bug, seen by a lot of people. I see it every once in a while, but others see it quite frequently. It's not something that can be reproduced, it just randomly happens, which is probably why it's not fixed yet. Hard to fix something you can't make happen. I'd say for us, it probably happens 1 out of a couple hundred files. That's hard to diagnose from a software standpoint.

Takes about 15 seconds to send it again, so it's never caused us any heartburn.

Doesn't matter if it's from Corel or Illustrator to my knowledge.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Yes, it's a well documented bug, seen by a lot of people. I see it every once in a while, but others see it quite frequently. It's not something that can be reproduced, it just randomly happens, which is probably why it's not fixed yet. Hard to fix something you can't make happen. I'd say for us, it probably happens 1 out of a couple hundred files. That's hard to diagnose from a software standpoint.

Takes about 15 seconds to send it again, so it's never caused us any heartburn.

Doesn't matter if it's from Corel or Illustrator to my knowledge.
    The one pattern I have seen is that it seems to follow any job I send over with "print selected" checked. Unfortunately it doesn't happen every time, but when it does happen it's always been after it was checked. Similar thing with JC losing material template settings and making them all the same - it seems to follow clicking on the "apply" button in Corel. Again, not every time I click "apply" does it happen, but almost every time it has happened I had clicked "apply".