Thread: Doesn't take much to make an old man happy.

Doesn't take much to make an old man happy.

Watching the "Victoria" series on PBS. suddenly realize a character introduced last week is none other than Emma Peel (Diane Riggs). Don't know why but it made me happy.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Watching the "Victoria" series on PBS. suddenly realize a character introduced last week is none other than Emma Peel (Diane Riggs). Don't know why but it made me happy.
    Do you mean the character on the new program was Emma Peel, err strike that.

Never mind, looking it up reveals Dame Diana Rigg is the Duchess of Buccleuch where ever that is.

Yes, watching Emma Peel again would make me happy. Patrick McNee was also pretty good.

jtk

*In June 1994, she was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) by Queen Elizabeth II for her services to drama.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I thought Emma Peel was the most attractive woman ever. Oddly, Diana Rigg did nothing for me. I guess she is a good actress.

Wasn't Diana Rigg a Bond Girl?

Yes, _On Her Majesty's Secret Service_ Countessa Teresa Bond née Draco opposite George Lazenby as Bond.