Thread: Considering Sawstop PCS purchase from Ohio Power Tool

Considering Sawstop PCS purchase from Ohio Power Tool

Quick question: has anybody purchased a Sawstop from Ohio Power Tool? I'd love to hear your experience, if so.

In lieu of that, I'd appreciate hearing of *any* interactions with this company.

I have never been to Ohio Power Tool so cannot say anything about the company. Sorry I can't help more.

I have been to woodcraft in Columbus and it seems nice, and to the one in Parkersburg, WV where I have bought several things and been to a demo there, and they have always had a friendly & helpful staff.

I have also been to Wood Werks in Columbus (thisiswoodworking.com) to check out their bandsaws several weeks ago (I've been to a multitude of dealers checking them out), and made a return 80 mile trip there for a 10% off sale last weekend and picked up a Laguna 18BX (they also had it in stock without the $75 shipping fee that other dealers have). The staff was quite friendly and helpful, and their display area and selection is quite plentiful.

Good luck in your search.

Sorry, I've never dealt with Ohio Power Tool, but regardless of where you purchase from, I'd strongly urge you to upgrade to the T-Glide fence, and maybe even the 3hp version if you have 220v available.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Does it really matter where you buy it? I bought mine from Highland because I got free freight when I also bought a BS. I'd just go for the best deal.

I bought my router from WoodWerks because they had the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Does it really matter where you buy it? I bought mine from Highland because I got free freight when I also bought a BS. I'd just go for the best deal.

Yes, but I just wanted to make sure they are a reputable company. Not having heard any bitter complaints, I suppose they are.

Thanks for the feedback.

Why doesn't it matter?

SawStop itself won't take care of any customer service issue if it is purely an issue between you as a customer and the vendor who sells you the saw.

Simon

What kind of issue would that be? All you need is for them to deliver a saw.

What kind of issue would that be? All you need is for them to deliver a saw.
    Check out the "Grizzly frustration" thread, if you haven't heard about any delivery issues before!

What if someone overcharged you and refused to correct the mistake? What if someone delivered you a lemon and asked you to pay for the return shipping? What if....

Vendor reputation is very important and this is what the OP is trying to find out....

Simon

I have had great service and help from ACME Tool. Free shipping and no sales tax.