There are a lot of guys here that use CNC machines for woodworking or signmaking and I would like to know what some of your "wish list" features would be. Most currently manufactured table top (~24 x 36) machines use NEMA23 motors and smaller components in able to fit a price point for the size class. This forces successful hobbyists and commercial users to buy larger machines than their material dictates to obtain higher end features than tabletops offer. This uses up precious real estate in the shop, no matter if it is commercial or non-commercial.

For example, this machine: https://youtu.be/qtzkAExTA00 was purchased by a signmaker that sells product online from his home business. After 3-4 months of use (and his Christmas rush) he sent an unsolicited letter full of praise for the machine and enumerated his production increases. I had offered up (pre sale) that even tho he currently had a larger machine, that these features would allow him to double or triple his output. He has happily informed me that those results were underestimated. His machine, loaded with function and feature, costing 3-4 times what a typical machine that size does, will pay for itself in 6 months.

So, for those that are either small commercial or discriminating hobbyists and wish to have a small footprint machine, with "big" features that would allow longer duty cycles, faster cutting............ What would those features be?