Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Heater Big Maxx shop heater

There are many areas that prohibit garage doors that face the street...and many folks who prefer that particular aesthetic. I'm one of them, honestly, but that's a subjective thing. Sometimes it's not so much about garage doors as it is that the "garage" overwhelms the front of the house structure. That's not likely to be the case in a development with larger homes, but it is something that happens a lot in other settings. Many of the developments around here have side entry garages, but it's not exclusive.

That said, I figured you outfitted the building to handle a garage door for resale reasons. You don't have to install an actual garage door in it, however. You could build a wall that looks like a garage door on the outside, but is a usable wall on the inside...or install the door and build a wall inside of it that could be easily and quickly removed in the future. So many choices...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well, years ago it was uncommon to have a garage door facing the street. When they did it was for a practical reason like expensive small lots. The common use of them now is mainly a Post Modern blip.

FWIW, I installed the Hot Dawg 30,000 BTU unit. It works great for me I keep my shop at 62 degrees 24-7. Used to use propane but the last time I filled up it was just shy of $5 gallon. Just changed over to natural gas....should have done that in the first place. HTH

I finally decided on the Modine Hot Dawg 45,000 btu heater. It has the best reviews, the best comments on SMC and the fastest delivery. After I use it a little while, I will write a review. Thanks all for your help.