Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Words of Wisdom I recieved from a friend

Blog Entries
    I don't know how this thread popped up a year later, but I think it merits revisiting.

Wow it was yesterday I put this up here LOL I had to read it again, its a long read but worth the effort.
    I got a new knee last Oct, said the hell with what it cost I was un happy couldn't walk much couldn't do a lot of things I liked to do. Now almost 3 months into recovery I'm walking pretty good not to much pain, getting out more, riding my Motor cycle again. Got a drone and flying that having fun with it. Looking for someone to share the fun with a little.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That's great to hear Bert, I'm glad your new knee is doing well.
    I enjoyed re-reading your post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I don't know how this thread popped up a year later, but I think it merits revisiting.
    I'm glad you did Lowell. There is so much practical wisdom here. I couldn't find one thing that didn't ring true. There were many that resonated with me, but I especially liked this one, coming off the Holidays:

"10. Respect the younger generation and their opinions. They may not have the same ideals as you but they are the future and will take the world in their direction. Give advice, not criticism, and try to remind them that yesterday’s wisdom still applies today."
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I think it applies to all the adults out there, you surely did list down best word of wisdom and I am so glad that I did bump into this old thread.

Excellent advice Bert, thanks for posting that......Rod

Blog Entries
    #10. really stuck out for me. With my kids getting into middle age & grandkids getting into their teens, I'm seeing the truth of this on a daily basis. I'm learning more from them than they are from me at this point.

It won't be long and another year will have past lets enjoy it
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    I'm having a tough time with the idea that 60 is anything even remotely close to "old".

I think my only consideration to turning 60 was selling my fastest track bike. Out went the RC51 when I decided the Boxer Cup should be fast enough. Really, 60 is the average age at BMW club track events.

Me, also. Yesterday I climbed a 28' ladder like a squirrel - at 75. Wife went nuts, so I climbed about 40' up a large tree. Intended to get in one more parachute jump on my 75th birthday but cold not get it set up. Next Sept. I am in perfect health and intend to live to 100, maybe longer, just to piss them off.

You Go Boy!!!
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I was introduced to a guy a couple of years ago who, at 83, rides and does all the maintenance on every one of his Harleys. All 27 of them. And he still rides 70-80K miles per year.

I had the pleasure of being personally introduced to each bike, His opinions on each piece. No 2 models the same.
    He had a bike that represented every model made as far back as the Pan.
    Everything but an FXR and when I mentioned that he said, " No, but I'm going to find myself one'.

Probably over 85 by now and has never grown old.

12. That's nice, Thanks for sharing.

Wow. Great piece. Thank you for sharing.
    Regards,

Tom