Thread: What to do with my old iPhone 4S?

What to do with my old iPhone 4S?

I just upgraded, what should I do with my old 4S? The battery is on its last legs, I don't think anyone would want it. Toss it in the recycle bin?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I could use it for test laser engraving
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I just upgraded, what should I do with my old 4S? The battery is on its last legs, I don't think anyone would want it. Toss it in the recycle bin?
    I've taken several phones apart to show kids and marvel at the size of components these days, the tiny cameras, the motor that does the vibration, and the layers that make up the screen.

A guy I know would probably modify it with a bullet or sledge hammer and ask the guy at the Apple store about getting it repaired. He's like that.

JKJ

Have it recycled Bruce..............Regards, Rod.

You can donate it to organizations who will 'wipe' the memory (thus protecting you) and disable all features except "911 calls". Then they give it to abused/battered women or the elderly. "Secure the Call" is one.

It is where all my old phones have gone.

You can use it as a music/sound source by placing it in a cradle with a power adapter always plugged into it. It's useable without being an active phone. We use one in our kitchen with an iHome base for Pandora, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    You can donate it to organizations who will 'wipe' the memory (thus protecting you) and disable all features except "911 calls". Then they give it to abused/battered women or the elderly. "Secure the Call" is one.

It is where all my old phones have gone.
    Many Whole Foods Cafes have drop off bins for Secure the Call.

Per above, a second life as a streaming music player for the shop is also a great way to utilize an old phone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    You can use it as a music/sound source by placing it in a cradle with a power adapter always plugged into it. It's useable without being an active phone. We use one in our kitchen with an iHome base for Pandora, etc.
    I have my old S5 in the shop plugged into my (very good) old school stereo. I can play any music that's mine or stream music via WIFI. Much more convenient than having to plug my active phone in.

I didn't think of using it as a music source. I have docks in our living room and in the shop that I use with an iPod Touch. Now I can leave the 4S in one and the iPod in the other. Thanks!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That is what I am doing with outdated phones or tablets I have otherwise I'll donate them.