Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sink Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There are a lot of jurisdictions that "frown" on wall mounted fixtures if they are on an outside wall as they commonly would be in a kitchen. It can potentially make cut-offs proximal to the sink more challenging.
    I can vouch for that, where in the old house, we had no shut offs in the kitchen period. The only way to work on the kitchen faucets was to turn off water to the entire house.

Brian, that was actually how it was here when we moved in back in late 1999. The whole house was one zone. When two months later there was a leak requiring totally gutting the powder room off the kitchen, we had a manifold put in to separate the kitchen and then-two baths into separate zones so each could be cut off independently. The addition in 2008 became a fourth zone, although it was impractical to provide easy-access cut-offs for the two baths and laundry on that side of the house due to distance and it all being crawl space.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Ah...now I get it. When I designed our sink cabinet for the farmhouse stile sink that was going on it, I put double doors with no center stile which absolutely makes for easier access.
    I did the same when I retrofit a farm sink into my last house. I hate center stiles in any cabinet

rps20150716_201659_255_zps1htzlaue.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    This design is totally the better way to go, just not that common in the US. Kitchens here are often built with the sink being centered on an exterior window so plumbing comes up through the floor to avoid frozen pipes.
    They are a kind of a pain to install compared to conventional faucets. And as noted shut-offs are even more work to do and make look decent.

I do really like the look in the right application though.

20180120_110125.jpg
    20180120_110202.jpg

Yes, there's a very classy, retro appeal to that style!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...