Thread: Epoxy vs Arm R Seal bar top?

Epoxy vs Arm R Seal bar top?

Happy New Year!

I have a cherry bar top that I finished with arm r seal, but I’m noticing lots of scratches and indentations.

I’m wondering if epoxy is a better choice here? If so can I epoxy over the finish? I’m guessing epoxy won’t show the true grain and body of the wood, too, correct?

If you want to change to epoxy, strip the old finish off and start again. The epoxy is too hard to go over the relatively softer product on there now.

I don't think you will have a problem with colour. Every clear coat is a bit different, but don't get hung up on this. It will look great. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

You could also just give it a light sanding and put another coat or two of Arm R Seal on and freshen it up. That should hide most scratches. I would go with satin to help hide future imperfections. Not sure what to tell you about the dents. Cherry is pretty hard...not sure any finish would prevent a dent if Arm R Seal on cherry didn't.