Thread: Another HF find, best value ever?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Another HF find, best value ever?

A little off topic, but I was looking for a new tool belt and was really drooling over some of the Occidental Leather offerings at my local Performance Tool store. Really liked the suspension/vest systems there. But it was just wishful thinking as a framers package was about $350. I have no hips, so my old cheapo leather tool bag was always trying to slip down, taking my pants with it. I don't often do any framing, just occasional house flip work with my son and electrical projects here and there. But I do like a tool belt, especially when doing electrical work. So I picked up a set of HD suspenders at Performance Tool hoping that would do the trick on the cheap. Then I head down the street and pass by the local HF and stop in looking at a chain saw sharpener which they were selling for $20. Very good deal on a cheapo tool. Then I ran across a tool belt that really caught my eye. Selling for $25, I got it for $20 with my 20% off coupon, and got a free multimeter with it. 18 pockets, velcro belt closure with a HD buckle, pull-up side loops, steel hammer loop and D rings for suspenders. Similar offerings by Occidental Leather were pushing $300. Best value EVER. Quality tool belt system for an amazing price. Next stop, church where I had another 7 troffers that needed conversion to LED by rewiring and removing the ballasts. Used the suspenders (clip style for my jeans, not snap style that would work with the new belt). Three hours later I was elated that the belt stayed in place as did my pants. I am really loving this new tool belt. https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/tool-bags-belts/18-pocket-heavy-duty-tool-belt-63294.html

Last edited by Ole Anderson; 01-14-2018 at 6:27 PM.
    NOW you tell me...