Thread: Fiber NOOB here, could you help out?

Fiber NOOB here, could you help out?

Hi Guys.
    I know its not cool asking for the farm and asking for trade secrets. So I won't. BUT I would like to ask for some pointers and tip and guidance.

As you may have read in my prior threads... I am a complete noob and idiot at that.

I have many questions:

I always listen to you guys talk about cleaning passes and really funky stuff. My Chinglish instructions don;t really mean anything...

1)What is a cleaning pass and how do I get one? ( I am an idiot, but not afraid to ask for help)

2)How do I aneal onto chrome surfaces? I figured out stainless steel...

3) how do I hatch or raster (not sure of the term) font in ezcad. I have a million fonts on my pc, but they all come out outlines....20180118_060950[1].jpg
    ( this was supposed to be black... )

I would love to be able to this is black, or white or anything other than what it looks like... it looks like I took a drag engraver to it...

Could someone please point me in a direction? any help would be tremendously appreciated!
    Kehui 100w 900x600 with adjustable z axis table,
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

English version RdWorks V8.01.28, ( newest version )
    Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

30w Fiber Laser with Raycus power source
    rotary and other fun toys I know nothing about yet...lol

A cleaning pass is a pass that is run with less power, more speed, or higher frequency. The idea is to hog out material with high power, low speed and low frequency first, then use less of everything to clean up the mess left behind from the "hog out".
    Staining chrome is just like stainless steel, you'll have to play with the settings. It will always end up with whatever settings you can use to get the metal hot and mark without sparks.
    Hatching text that you have imported is just like hatching anything else. Select the object and apply the hatch.

Spend some time with the Search function on here, you should learn a lot. If your a slow learner you have picked the wrong machine, fiber is time consuming and involves keeping a log for the results you find working. Look for posts from Kev Williams he usually posts helpful information.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-18-2018 at 8:32 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hatching a font that you have selected in EZCAD is exactly the same as you do with an object, select it and select the hatch button and select your settings. What you need to watch out for is with some of the more fancy fonts which have letters overlapping, the overlaps won’t hatch, so you will need to turn these into an object by welding them together.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter Swart View Post

2)How do I aneal onto chrome surfaces? I figured out stainless steel--
    I would love to be able to this is black, or white or anything other than what it looks like... it looks like I took a drag engraver to it......
    20180118_060950[1].jpg
    hatching will change it As for 'annealing', done by fiber is (as I understand it) the process of making a dark mark via oxidizing the carbon at the surface of the material you're working on. So the simple explanation is, if there's little or no carbon in the metal, there can be no dark mark. I'm not sure if chrome has any carbon in it or not, but chrome plating is so thin it likely won't matter....

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter Swart View Post
    3) how do I hatch or raster (not sure of the term) font in ezcad. I have a million fonts on my pc, but they all come out outlines....
    ( this was supposed to be black... ) Could someone please point me in a direction? any help would be tremendously appreciated!
    This > https://www.scribd.com/document/3307...-Manual-REV214 < is a link to the Tykma PDF, it's great for explaining the basics, much better than any of us can, about hatch filling and fiber lasering in general. It'll get you started, and from there you just need to experiment...

edit- I just found out the tykma link above is a 'preview', and not all there. I have the whole manual, but it's several megabytes, too large to insert here- some more googling should produce the whole manual- (right now customers are screaming or I'd look harder!)
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 01-19-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: tykma pdf
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle