Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Three-leg bar stool

Mike, if I had 1/10 of your skills, I would not need to prototype.

I hope she is not reading this, but the truth is that I make sure my prototypes disappoint ... just a little bit ... then I get to try out other designs!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Tippy stool?

Derek,
    I am making Peter Galbert's 3-legged Perch stool. Do you find that your 3-legged stool is a little tippy? My legs splay to 10 deg when the user is seated, but it still wants to tip left or right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Prashun

As I recall, the rear legs were 10 degrees, but the front leg is 16 degrees and shortened (the seat angles downward - is not level as yours is).

The leg alongside the sliding bevel appears about 8 degrees, not 10. That would be a significant issue.

The stool I made is rock solid. However, it is not a perch stool. The legs are reversed and all are at 11 or 12 degrees (I cannot recall off the top of my head).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks. The perch does tilt forward.

The legs to splay to an even 10 degrees when the user is seated. I will proceed and see if the stretchers improve this. This is practice for the Windsor rocker. Thanks, Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Question: for a three-leg bar Windsor style stool, would you place the single leg at the front or rear, and why?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Not a Windor style, but Tage Frid put the single leg at the back.

Simon