Thread: Powermatic blade tilt scale picture

Powermatic blade tilt scale picture

Bought an old Powermatic 66 saw in parts while back and just getting to work on it the last few days. The blade tilt scale and Powermatic logo are long gone. Have a sign maker in town who can make me a logo decal but still leaves me without the tilt scale. Looked on the net for a used one but no luck. Thought maybe someone here might have an idea where to find one or perhaps some one could take a picture of theirs and email it to me with the overall length dimension. The lady at the sign shop could make me a decal off a picture if she knew the size. Other than the decals, restoration is going well. New arbor bearings, belts, switch, cord, lots of cleaning and painting etc. Lucky that very little sheet metal work needs done. Motor runs smooth. So far, no missing parts other than lock knobs on the hand wheels. Hope there are no surprises lurking around the corner. As with all my refurbish projects, "I want to keep this one" but have no need or room for another saw so will probably grace someone else's shop when done.
    Dick

You could join the forums at owwm.org and post in the classifieds section there. Or Redmond Machinery might have something.

There’s a guy on eBay who makes Unisaw reproduction pieces, I bet he or someone else makes Powermatic badges.

You should head over to OWWM, that’s the place to go for this stuff.

Danger-Sticker.jpgPM 66 TILT SCALE.JPGFront-0f-PM-66.jpg
    The danger sticker is 6.25" x 4". The metal plate is 4.25" x 1.75". The Powermatic sticker is 10" x 1.75". Hope this helps. I guess you can't attach stuff to a pm.

The PM decal/sticker is 10" x 1.75". The danger is 6.25" x 4". The metal plate is 4.25" x 1.75"
    Attached Images Attached Images

I should have left it alone. Tried to reorder the photos. Oops.

Could a Jet Angle Scale be used instead?
    http://www.mikestools.com/Jet-Tool-P...le_100051.aspx

Thanks all you guys. Found a gal that is doing decals for the name. Fellow back east said he had a blade tilt scale that he would sell me so looks like most of the bases are covered. Need new hand wheel handles but I will make them on the lathe. Hand wheel lock knobs are gone but the pointed bolts are there so need to find something to go on them. Any ideas of cool things I could weld on? Looks like this was a very early 66 as it has a 1-1/2 hp. motor. Motor runs smooth as silk, put in new arbor bearings and when I get some new belts, should run great.

Where do you get the reproduction decals...Thanks, Gary

Gary,
    Local sign shop made them for me from pictures off the internet. Cost $8.00 each. I am sure the ones she made me were not right for the age of the saw but looked good anyway
    Try your local sign shop.
    Good luck!
    Dick