Thread: Scanning and Corel 12 help please

Wink Scanning and Corel 12 help please

Hi! I am trying to scan images to use in CorelDraw 12. When I use Corel trace to "vectorize" it, I am getting a double line which is causing my laser to vector twice..thus extending the laser time of my project. What am I doing wrong or how do I fix this.
    Thanks in advance for the help

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what this is, but....

When you select an object to Trace, Trace opens up with that object on the left side. You perform your trace and then close Trace. You're asked if you want to save the changes. If Yes, you return to Draw and the Trace is sitting on top of the original object.

So my question... Are you then separating the two objects (the original from the Trace)? If not, I can see where you might get the 2 lines. Otherwise, I'd need a sample and your exact steps to help with this.

~Joe

Trace will trace both sides of the line. You might need to use the trace to center option

Alan

I have found centerline method to be very inacurate. It takes a little longer but I just go thru and delete all the double lines that I don't want. Sometimes its the inside ones and other times its the outside ones. I then change to nodes and clean up the picture.

Scanning and Corel 12 help please

When you are the point of having the double lines, look at them in wireframe and delete the one (inner or outer) that has the most
    extra points, that will save you cleanup time.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Red face You guys rock!!!

Thanks so much for your help everyone. I have fixed my problem by combining everyone's suggestions. You guys totally rock!!
    Thanks again
    Becky