Thread: new project

new project

I recently finished two sets of this board game. It is called tablut and is an old Norse game.

Not familiar with the game but it looks interesting and the pieces look cool too! Nice work.
    The Woodworking Studio

Thanks, here is the other set

Nice carvings. They were playing a variation of this on Vikings this week!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Yes they were, I think they were playing hnefatafl which is a later iteration of the game with the primary difference being a slightly larger board and about twice as many pieces. I had planned on making one of those next, but after carving 48 of the smaller ones I think I am done with this for awhile. I spent almost exactly a year making these, I started right after last Christmas when I finished another project that was a present, and was scrambling to finish these by this one as one of them was a present as well.

The boards may get redone though, not really happy with the finish on the end grain.

Love the carving. I can sure see why it took a year to complete, but those pieces are delightful!

The boards look rustic and aged. I think I'd leave the end grain as is.

These are really neat.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Nice Job. I'll have tto look up that game Is seems like it would be a fun project.

NICE Carving !