Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In-shop Location Space Question for CNC

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martin88 View Post
    I have an SR44 as well and it sets about the same way in my shop as you are looking at. Works well and haven’t had an issue with access mainly to 3 sides. Only downside would be a tiling job but haven’t tried that and could move it out if it was important. I bought a set of heavy casters to move it in originally and thought about leaving them on but removed them as I was concerned about movement during a cut?

My dust collection is overhead as well, only suggestion I might make is to put the quick disconnect on/at the dust shoe to make it convenient when changing bits. I used a 4” piece of pipe to make the attachment to the shoe and it is nice having it close by. Just a thought, good luck with the new machine. Will try to find a picture if interested.

Edited to add a photo. Shows the dust collector and quick connect on a piece of pipe connected to the Kent dust shoe.
    Can you explain the need for a quick disconnect on the DC further? I have a Kent dust show and the fuzzy part is held on by magnets for changing bits (it's stuck to the front of the control panel in the pic). The hose never gets removed. I also ran a bare stranded wire up through the hose and terminated it onto the metal DC duct to dissipate static. Hard to see in the pic, but one of the first things I did with the machine was cut a piece of plastic to support the hose near the top of the Z. Oh, and I cut a board for the top of the control panel to hold tools and such.
    IMG_1861.jpg

I think you raise a good point, James. There may not be a reason to be able to remove the hose with any frequency.

That retractible harness you have for your hose is interesting, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    Can you explain the need for a quick disconnect on the DC further? I have a Kent dust show and the fuzzy part is held on by magnets for changing bits (it's stuck to the front of the control panel in the pic). The hose never gets removed. I also ran a bare stranded wire up through the hose and terminated it onto the metal DC duct to dissipate static. Hard to see in the pic, but one of the first things I did with the machine was cut a piece of plastic to support the hose near the top of the Z. Oh, and I cut a board for the top of the control panel to hold tools and such.
    IMG_1861.jpg
    I was also puzzled by the comment. A quick connect would be handy if you frequently need to move the machine’s location for some reason, but irrelevant for changing bits with the Kent shoe.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney