Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire camp 2018 at mcgrews

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Spotorno View Post
    ... Honestly, the computer will be the death of the younger crowd... Growing up I spent a lot of time with my dad in the shop and have many memories of the things we built together. Trying to pass that on in todays world is tough.
    Ironically, I've had the task of trying to teach my father how to use the computer over the past few years and now he's at the point where he's forgotten it all. I call my mother and he my senior kids. My father wasn't a workshop or home improvement guy...we are very different in that respect. Our one major commonality is successful sales careers.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My wife and her siblings spent 25 years trying to teach a otherwise intelligent mother how to use the computer. She never did get it, surprise. When they talked on the phone my wife would read the emails to her, and mom would dictate replies. Perhaps if she checked her email more than once every 2 weeks she could remember her password or at least where she wrote it down!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My dad was doing ok for awhile, Bill, and I had things setup so it was pretty much "click and play", but he's gotten pretty wifty over the past year or so and just cannot remember the simplest things about the computer. At the point, the only one who uses it is the RN that I pay to visit every two weeks for meds management so that his stuff and my mother's gets ordered from ExpressScripts promptly.
    --

This is held in a very large woodshop, when i was a kid this was a a fascination for me, the show and tell are pretty cool and there is plenty to do, the vista and now main street are alive with restaurants.

Not everyone bring their laptops many do yet i would not say it is a requirement

Jim definately owns a LARGE WOODSHOP, with plenty of room for the classes on the schedule and large open areas for small to large group discussions and vendor demonstrations. There are pictures of his events and his shop in our archives if you search the CNC Forum.

Jim, I hope you are going to invite Don Mayhew again this year. His demos were very popular.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Mike mezalik is helping with me again,, If you mean Trotec I think they have been in touch, Camp is filling nicely we are gonna post some stuff later next week on how the voting for the best 3 show and tell and i am gonna skeak for the new guys !

Excellent, the list of hotels Now this was two years ago so i may double check, Camp is filling nicely seats still available yet with a good half at this point it will fill !!

Hotel info

by interstate, near heavy shopping Harbison
    Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Harbison
    434 Columbiana Drive
    Columbia, SC, 29212

American Inn St. Andrews
    1337 Garner Lane
    Columbia, SC, 29210

Comfort Inn Columbia
    911 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210

and in the Vista, walk to food bars etc.
    Hilton Columbia Center
    924 Senate Street
    Columbia, SC 29201
    Phone: 803-744-7800
    Fax: 803-744-7777
    Tollfree: 800-HILTONS

SpringHill Suites by Marriott-Columbia Downtown/The Vista
    511 Lady Street
    Columbia, SC, 29201

Hyatt Place Columbia/Downtown/Vista
    819 Gervais Street
    Columbia, SC, 29201

Columbia Marriott Hotel
    1200 Hampton Street
    Columbia, SC, 29201

9. Anyone from northern states or "better yet' from Quebec ....that maybe interested in car pooling to attend this camp ?!
    Cheers, Robert

Robert, I'm in the Philadelphia PA are and driving down on Wednesday; returning on Saturday.
    --

13. Jim.....Sorry for this VERY late reply, but, for some reason I can only imagine ( forgot to press the "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:"), I did not see before your reply !?!
    Anyhow, not to push in any fashion, are you still offering ?!
    So far, no one closer to Quebec / VT / Maine border has come forward / offered !?
    Later, Robert

If you can get yourself to some where near me, no problem. It's not a bad drive, but I need to leave early enough to be around Philadelphia before the morning demolition derby starts to be able to get to the destination at a reasonable hour. Message me privately.
    --

I have a few seats left if anyone wants to attend now is the time camp is well filled this year !!

Remember Bring yer Show and tell there is a vote which will pay for the winner !!