Thread: Where to buy vector furniture plans or software for use on a router

Where to buy vector furniture plans or software for use on a router

I am looking for vector plans for furniture to cut on my router. Specifically looking Adirondack bar height chairs and high top tables. Really any outdoor furniture plans.

I want to built this type of furniture out of “pvc” that is available though sign distributors.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Trex-Outdoo...e2f5f7ab5e54c1

Or or perhaps some type of furniture building software that has pre made plans that you can edit. I have a packaging software that you pick the type of box or display you want and enter the dimensions and it exports vector plans to the router.

Thanks.
    Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Bolm View Post
    I am looking for vector plans for furniture to cut on my router. Specifically looking Adirondack bar height chairs and high top tables. Really any outdoor furniture plans.

I want to built this type of furniture out of “pvc” that is available though sign distributors.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Trex-Outdoo...e2f5f7ab5e54c1

Or or perhaps some type of furniture building software that has pre made plans that you can edit. I have a packaging software that you pick the type of box or display you want and enter the dimensions and it exports vector plans to the router.

Thanks.
    Brent
    Do you have any type of CAD program or perhaps VCarve Pro? You could buy plans and then convert to something to cut out on your router, but I wonder what is wrong with just using a table saw and a sander?
    Or a google turned up this,,,, https://makezine.com/2017/04/04/opendesk-cnc-furniture/
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-22-2018 at 1:05 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

We have Corel draw and adobe illustrator. If we can get vector lines we can cut it.
    I would love to buy the plans. Any idea where?
    I will look at the open desk...might be a lead.

I come from the graphics / sign world...I do not have a sander or table saw or anything like that...I want to cut and engrave and then put together right from the router.

Thanks!

Are you 5 axis? It would seem most all furniture, even down to adirondack chairs, would be a bit difficult on a 2.5D setup though there could easily be some accommodations made. Most chair plans and so on include rake/skewed angles for seat, arm, and well basically almost any, connections that make complete machining off a 3 axis machine difficult without some fairly serious concessions on joinery which then transfer the work to fasteners, which doesnt usually work out too well.

It may be best to find a design you like and work it up from scratch based on your machine, tooling, and ancillary capacity. The composite furniture market at least in our area is already a bottom of the barrel financial endeavor and we wouldnt be competing against another CNC shop anywhere. More than likely would be competing against the Amish making furniture out of PVC (and.. um.. how?).. for a far lower number than we could even begin to anticipate.

A better explanation of plans needed

I am looking for very basic plans. Please see the two attached images. The white and blue chair is what I have in mind. This (I think) is PVC foamed material something like PaLight Premium PVC. For some reason I cant paste a web link into this reply...I did in original post.

The other picture is a free design from Yella Wood. Very basic. This is close but I want bar height and other styles.

I have no delusion of competing in the furniture market. I have a very small niche market for this product.

Thanks for any help finding plans or software.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those would both be relatively simple to draw from scratch. Especially the yellow option where it has no curved seat and no curved back. If you dont have the ability to draw the geometry yourself Im sure someone could draw them for you for reasonably affordable money. We've only been in the CNC world for a couple years but have yet to find a set of ready-to-machine plans and generally generate our own. Neither of those look like more than an hour of drawing time.

I understand. I could take the plans from the yella wood and vectorize them. I was just hoping to find software that perhaps had premade templates for a lot of furniture. I bought a package called engview for packaging that is great for boxes and displays. I was just hoping there was an similar product for furniture.
    Thanks.

This book is by a couple of the Make/openbuilds people and discusses what is needed to adapt their plans (adjust for material thickness, etc.). It also covers changing things by making larger, smaller, etc. the plans are all freely downloadable from Atfab.co (yes, .co, not .com).

https://www.amazon.com/Design-CNC-Fu...words=CNC+book

That is very cool. Huge step in my search. Thanks very much. I would have to think these people could help and the book is a great looking resource...I am on a good path now!
    thanks.