Thread: Aspire camp 2018 at mcgrews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Spotorno View Post
    ... Honestly, the computer will be the death of the younger crowd... Growing up I spent a lot of time with my dad in the shop and have many memories of the things we built together. Trying to pass that on in todays world is tough.
    Ironically, I've had the task of trying to teach my father how to use the computer over the past few years and now he's at the point where he's forgotten it all. I call my mother and he my senior kids. My father wasn't a workshop or home improvement guy...we are very different in that respect. Our one major commonality is successful sales careers.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My wife and her siblings spent 25 years trying to teach a otherwise intelligent mother how to use the computer. She never did get it, surprise. When they talked on the phone my wife would read the emails to her, and mom would dictate replies. Perhaps if she checked her email more than once every 2 weeks she could remember her password or at least where she wrote it down!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My dad was doing ok for awhile, Bill, and I had things setup so it was pretty much "click and play", but he's gotten pretty wifty over the past year or so and just cannot remember the simplest things about the computer. At the point, the only one who uses it is the RN that I pay to visit every two weeks for meds management so that his stuff and my mother's gets ordered from ExpressScripts promptly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...