Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust vs Dust Collector question

Thanks Ron - very helpful! I'l be finishing the exhaust tomorrow hopefully. Just need to cut a hole in the steel cladding outside and seal it up once the vent is installed.

William I am running 2 Epilog lasers and run the 130.00 harbor freight dust collector (fan/Blower) it is the green one not the cheap red one I feed 3' from machine through the wall to the blower the I go up 2 stories to dump the exhaust all in 4" b-pipe (double wall). I also have a box around the units outside to help kill the noise. I am still looking for a quieter way and a more cost effective way these units pull I think 10 amps so 1200+ watts per hour per unit. It adds up fast about 24 k per day for us so about 450-650 kilo watts per month at .20 $90.00.- $130.00 just in exhaust cost. Remember this is an added cost on electricity so you have to look at the most expensive electric bracket you run it we hit .20 per kw. Good luck
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Craig, rest easy, you're HF blowers aren't using anywhere near that much power, all 3 of mine test at around 325 watts, less than 10 amps combined

My LS900 laser only eats 310 watts during full-power vector cutting...

--just grabbed my kill-a-watt and camera
    These are watts / amps measurements from my basement blower, which I bought in 2002 and runs probably 10 hours a day on average--

Attachment 379294Attachment 379295
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 02-17-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle