Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control pad went dark. How can I determine if problem is Controller or Pad?

Control pad went dark. How can I determine if problem is Controller or Pad?

It is the Leetro MPC 6525. Cannot control machine from software or pad. Cannot connect to machine.
    Thinking it has to be the controller.

Bummer is that I was in the middle of a very long job.

Any help? I haven't had this problem yet.

If it is the controller then I am going to switch controllers. Any newer and better boards out yet?
    Last edited by Joseph Shawa; 01-10-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

check the connection wire on the underside, not unusual for them to come lose on the 6515 and 6525 ( they are in effect the exact same card made for different markets)
    You did what !

yes mine comes loose all the time. I use the computer don't know why you can't control from computer.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

added thought how do you connect to the machine? if via usb check your cable, check your port, try a different port ect ect
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bert. Thanks for the reply. Sorry to take so long to get back. Working on a chipper out back. Love a how hungry them chippers are : )

So I only connect with a usb connection to my laptop running windows 7. It no longer sees the machine nor make the typical connection noise when it recognizes that I have made the connection.

Looking around the wires I found nothing loose under the control pad.

In the controller panel box I found nothing loose. The Power Supply fan comes on and 24v power switch has a blinking green led. Not sure if that means anything. Maybe it should be solid.

What I DID find was that on the side of the panel box toward the front of the machine, the Rotary switch had charred wires. I tried to unplug one and it broke easily. Definitely had some power running through it. The switch itself is fried too. Stuck in the normal position. The wires are very neatly labeled, by the way and the M21 and M22 wires, which runs back to the Y controller, are the ones that fried. I don't understand the switch either as there are 3x M21and 3x M22s...maybe a redundancy?

Anyway guess I need to get down there and test the power coming out of the PS and then other areas which I know nothing about...but maybe I'll find something.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Yes. I did. Found nothing loose. Thanks for the reply. Gonna check the board but not sure what voltages to check for.

The switch is just on-off for the machine? That's it? How much power goes through it, and what would happen if you just jumped out the switch with a fused jumper with wire heavy enough to carry the load?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    The switch is just on-off for the machine? That's it? How much power goes through it, and what would happen if you just jumped out the switch with a fused jumper with wire heavy enough to carry the load?
    No, the switch just diverts the power from the Y stepper motor to the rotary stepper motor. I haven't used it in a couple of years but find it odd that the terminals and wires are fried. I disconnected the M21 and M22 wires from the Y controller to see if anything changed....dead still.
    Last edited by Joseph Shawa; 01-13-2018 at 1:03 AM.

When your pad wires come loose, do you loose connection from your computer?

When the pad is disconnected you still have connection to the machine with your computer?

If you have cooked wires on any of the axis driver lines it's usually a bad sign, as to a remedy...I don't know what to suggest as at this point it could be literally anything that is damaged from the driver to the mainboard or any combination there of
    You did what !

No I still have control from computer

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Shawa View Post
    When the pad is disconnected you still have connection to the machine with your computer?
    No I still have control
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Forgot to get back regarding my Control pad.
    I took a couple weeks off from cutting after Christmas as I was just sure it was the main board.
    I pull out my little used multimeter and found that the dual power supply (25V?/5V) had failed on the 5V output.
    I pulled a 5V power supply from an old computer and wired it into the case.
    Powered on and continued the last job right where it left off.
    Seems the problem might have been in my rotary switch as the contacts had shorted out there but it killed the power supply.
    I bypassed the switch.

Congratulations - and thanks for the follow-up explanation!
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

You bet. I was kind of hoping it WAS the main board as I think RDworks might have better engraving controls. Oh well ( ;