Thread: Formatting issues

Formatting issues

Hi, I'm new here, so sorry if this is a dumb question...

I'm getting formatting errors in my posts. One time, formatting marks turned up in it: <br> etc.

Another time, all the line breaks disappeared.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Graeme

(Maybe this post will demonstrate it, lol)

Blog Entries
    Firs off, Welcome to Sawmillcreek. We are having a rash of problems similar to yours. It helps when reporting problems to include information regarding your system, such as the type of device, operating system and browser, including the versions.

The following seems to fix many of the wonky text problems:

First off, copy the following address to your clipboard or a piece of paper. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forum.php
    You will be using that address shortly.

Then locate your cookies in your browser that pertain to sawmillcreek and delete them. Log out of sawmill creek, restart your browser and use the address above to access sawmillcreek. Log in with your user name and password. If you get a warning that the site is not secure ignore it, SMC is secure. The current vbulleting software doesn't seem to play well with the https format. You can tell the site to remember you if you wish.

Once you are logged in look for the settings tab at the upper right of the pages. Click on it and then look for general settings on the list at the left side of the settings screen. Open General settings and scroll down until you find "Miscellaneous Options" and select the standard editor. This should fix your problem, if not be sure to make another post with additional information.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute