Thread: Table Top Versa Laser Door Interlock

Table Top Versa Laser Door Interlock

He have an older tabletop VLS that we bought second hand just do some tumblers and glassware on. A few weeks ago it started to tell us the door was open, when it wasn't. I haven't had much luck getting it to work, this happened once before and it magically started working a few days later.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Door interlocks are relatively simple. They consist of a magnet and a switch, along with the wires connected to the main board. If it's telling you that the door is open then you could have one of a few problems:
    1. Magnet loose and not triggering the switch
    2. Switch loose and magnet can't trigger it
    3. Door not closed all the way
    4. Wiring problem - it's likely broken or loose since it's telling you the door is open.

Resolve it by:
    1. checking the magnet and the switch to ensure they are not falling off and are aligning properly when the door is closed.
    2. Make sure the door closes properly.
    3. Check the wiring for a break or loose connection.

I'm not advocating for defeating a safety feature, but I have heard of people cutting out the switch and twisting the wires together so that it always appears to be closed. Note: it is possible that the switch is N/C and the magnet opens it, adjust my advice accordingly.

On my ULS X600 it has a green light that goes solid (From red) when it's ready to run... so I check my door interlocks with handheld magnets. I've never defeated the lid ones, but have bypassed the front door when I'm working on some larger pieces. I cut out cardboard to do the packaging on one of my products and start with a 2'x 4' piece, do half, flip it and finish it.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

Thanks Gary
    I've made sure the magnet and switch are on there good, and the door seems to close all the way, I will start to look over the wires. Of course this is VLS so now I have to take it apart ;-)
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment