Hi Folks,

Now that our ULS is running, I've been engraving acrylic, and Cermark, but am limited by the 24 x 12" bed area - but it does a beaut job.

Our Chinese Goldenlaser is pretty woeful at engraving - 130w - W4 - Reci tube. Even at low power there are issues, and it's nothing like the quality of the ULS RF tube. I understand that. (nor is it as quick)

My question is which size of RECI tube will do a passable comparison at ENGRAVING, because I'm in the market for a bigger laser (2500 x 1300mm bed), and am considering a 2-head machine, with 2 tubes, one for cutting (W6- 180w) and one for engraving (W1 or W2 - RECI - 80-90 watt).

(I'm not sure I can afford to go to 280 watt with Jongli paired tubes, though it'd be nice, but it's a USD $5k surcharge over the 180watt unit, but I'd still like to be able to engrave on big panels)

Thanks for any opinions...I've been liasing with a fellow in China. (Threecnc machinery co. ) Their big unit has a RD-6442-S controller, Leadshine drives & steppers, CW6000 chiller...