Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best wood for a pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Mueller View Post
    You don't by any chance sell the blanks do you...? I'd be mighty interested in one
    Chase,

No, I prefer not to sell things. Send me an email with your address and I'll send you one. I've given away some more but I still have a couple of spares. The wood certainly smooths and finishes nicely!

The only request is to send someone else something someday or do something nice for a small child. (That sure is a lot of "some.." words. )

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Chase,

No, I prefer not to sell things. Send me an email with your address and I'll send you one. I've given away some more but I still have a couple of spares. The wood certainly smooths and finishes nicely!

The only request is to send someone else something someday or do something nice for a small child. (That sure is a lot of "some.." words. )

JKJ
    Good for you we need more people like you around.

Easy to give stuff away when it came to me that way! I think the friend who sent the box of blanks was expecting me to share since he sent a box full!

Try this

http://vermontfreehand.com/

I smoked a pipe for years (actually, many pipes). They all had wooden bowls of briar burl. Meershaum is soft, maybe you could work it. If I still smoked I would make myself some pipes. Your friend might really appreciate one.

Doug

John, I always am reticent to ask for things, but... I occasionally smoke a pipe and would love to machine a couple for my friend and I. On the "give" side, he's a teacher and the two of us are putting on a model rocketry class out of our pockets for summer school. Model rockets in summer school quite literally molded my understanding of physics and math, so I want to give that back to other kids. I'm happy to buy them, pay for shipping, or whatever you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    ...I'm happy to buy them, pay for shipping, or whatever you'd like.
    Easily done, just me an email. (click on my name in this message and choose "send email". You could send a private message but email is a little easier for me.)

JKJ

Here’s one I picked up in Vietnam...don’t think it was for tobacco, though.

B87E91BE-B2ED-4A34-86E1-C07196167A2D.jpg 5D0CC4A5-9422-45DC-B5D7-BFA59F9DB446.jpg