Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An inexpensive dust bucket saw dust level sensor new cheaper parts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Holder View Post
    Hey guys, super information! I built this based on the design. I am just finishing with the install of my clearvue 1800. Question: I ran the clearvue with flex hose into 6" PVC and noticed appreciable static build up. This is not surprising from what I've heard, especially on dry days and when using flex hose in conjunction with PVC. I got zapped a couple of times and then noticed that the static was discharging (arc-ing across the O-ring visibly and audibly) into the sensor. I shut it down and checked and my power supply for the sensor was fried. I had to order a new one, but I am guessing that the sensor is likely fried too. Anyone else have a similar issue? I am using a steel 55 gal drum for my collection barrell. Any thoughts on how to avoid this going forward?
    Thanks,
    Chris Holder
    Hi Chris, I assume that you have a steel drum lid?

If so, ground the lid, as it doesn't get removed from the cyclone..........I have a steel cyclone which of course is grounded so I don't have the static issue........Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 03-18-2019 at 4:48 PM.

Hey guys, I've have this setup wired and working with the time delay, but I'm having trouble finding the right settings for the time delay (P1 - P8 and timing to keep light on when bin is full but not for false trips if possible).
    Thanks
    Scott Rathburn

Rod Sheridan has posted the wiring diagram and the programming. The info is in the sticky about my setup.

Just got mine installed today. This is A M A Z I N G. Got everything together and it just works. Also did a little soldering for the second time ever. Thanks a million for posting this with complete details!

IMG_20190403_214012.jpg