Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An inexpensive dust bucket saw dust level sensor new cheaper parts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Space View Post
    I like high tech and all that, but for the chip collector that precedes my dust collector, I simply put a lexan window in the door so I can see how full the trash can is, and this works brilliantly for me.

Simple, low tech, no batteries to replace, no electronic failures expected...

Bill
    I have a Plexiglas window in my chip barrel and can keep a pretty good eye on the level. However, today I thought I could plane just a few more boards and ended up filling up my filter cartridges. It was a huge mess to clean up. I ordered two of the bin level sensors this evening.

Update to 9 volt battery as a power supply, as I thought the 9 volt battery does work, but not very long, I had the battery attached to the my dust sensor and the battery lasted two weeks, longer than I expected. John was correct The 9 volt was not a good choice but I had it and it was good for testing the concept of the $4.10 sensor. I will be using a wall wart for the power supply.

Anyone have a suggestion for an audible alarm? I got some cheap alarm buzzers from Amazon but I don't think they'll be loud enough. They'd be OK for an alarm clock or normal ambient conditions, but with a D/C and thickness planer running and wearing ear pro, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion for an audible alarm? I got some cheap alarm buzzers from Amazon but I don't think they'll be loud enough. They'd be OK for an alarm clock or normal ambient conditions, but with a D/C and thickness planer running and wearing ear pro, I don't think so.
    The sensor/alarm device I bought from ClearVue uses an off-the-shelf fire alarm module. This has a bright strobe light and an audible alarm, powered by a low DC voltage. I'd have to take mine apart to see the exact brand and model number but a quick search shows a variety available, for example: https://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/P...n-Strobes.aspx

Theirs came mounted on a red box but I removed it and wired it into the bin sensor and wireless remote circuitry I stuffed into a larger grey box from Home Depot. This thing will get your attention.

electrical_shop_s.jpg

JKJ