Interesting. When I spoke with a technician at North American and Teco Westinghouse they both stated that the higher carrier frequency would cause the wingdings to run hotter.

Did you adjust the frequency on yours, and if so, how long have you been running it like this?

I will PM you. As a side story, my Teco VFD had an abundance of settings as well. One was deceleration rate. Being impatient, I turned it way down. I then finished truing the 24" mdf disc sander attachment I was making. I had never used the grub screw on a faceplate before... you may see where this is going. Lets just say that a disc that size at 1700 rpm that unthreads off the spindle comes alive when it hits the ground... I now use factory decel rates and grub screws...

I have the lathe on concrete, and although I do not yet have it anchored to the slab, after shimming, the bed is dead level. I used my Starrett machinists level and both ends of the bed are within .001 width-wise, along with levelness along the length. Vibration was still there at the exact same rpm range. However, what I did not notice before, is that the vibration returns around 2k rpm but not as strong, but is worth noting since it is double the lower rpm vibration.