Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I get a good deal on this?

Did I get a good deal on this?

I went looking for a used dust collection system and some how ended up getting a band saw too. Didn't need it so I gave what I thought was a low offer and they said deal.

Spent $600 on this setup which includes a dust collection system and bandsaw.

Dust collection is called a "lobo", which I've never heard of. Seems in good working order.

Bandsaw is 220, single phase Agazanni NRA 600. I've never even heard of this brand before. It is Italian made apparently and the manufacture date was in 2004.

I tested it and it seems well balanced over all. Machine has not been cleaned in some time with noticeable build up on the lower wheel tire as well as inside blade but I figured this is all small stuff that I can clean up.

What do you guys think? Did I get a good deal?
    IMG_20180105_113007.jpg
    IMG_20180105_110256.jpg
    Last edited by John Hutchinson; 01-06-2018 at 12:18 AM.

I would say you got a great deal on a really good band saw and got a DC thrown in.

LOL. The 4-bag DC is easily worth the $600. So you got a "free" 24" Italian bandsaw.

"I went to buy a lawnmower and the guy tossed in this free car. I've never heard of the brand: Mer say dees?"

The bandsaw is worth a couple thousand. I have a feeling you know you got a great deal and are gloating!

Lobo is still in business which surprised me. I do not think they design or make anything. Just re branded made in china probably the same factory's as Grizzly.
    Bill

http://www.lobomachine.com/shop/cate...-standard/218/

Do not lift it by the table or it may break. Lift from the arm or use the pallet it is sitting on. Probably safest once you get it home to shift it onto some blocking then remove the blocking one piece at a time.
    No real idea on the dc but that is a lifetime saw. Most people would never ever even consider needing a bigger saw. If you need a bigger saw you will probably have to dig a pit so it will fit under your ceiling.
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 01-05-2018 at 5:06 PM.

7. If that was in San Diego it was the one I wanted to get but ended up having to travel so didn't have a chance.
    Lucky you.
    that Bandsaw is a great deal and Agazzani was one of the better made Italian saws and was more than worth what they were asking

Oh boy, I'd gladly take that bandsaw off your hands. It has a great reputation. (You mean 220 volt, right? )

I don't know much about the dust collector, but the bandsaw is similar in quality and cost to the Minimax and Italian-made Laguna bandsaws. As long as nothing major is wrong with it, that's a smokin' deal on the bandsaw.

--Geoff

Reading everyone's comments makes me feel like I made a good decision. Yes, 220 volt!

In response to one comment about me gloating, my reasoning for asking was purely to see what the general consensus is on these machines. My primary concern was how difficult it is to find information on this Agazzani brand which led me to wonder if possibly there were issues with this bandsaw (electrical, bearings, alignment issues, etc.) and it never really took off. Upon inspection it all looks to be in good order but my second concern would be that of sourcing components to fix this unit in the event I had issues with things like bearings / motor failure, etc. I spoke with a fellow at place in LA called Eagle Tools that just informed me the bearings are universal and can be sourced quite easily and then the motor can be sent to motor repair shops where they can be repaired quite easily (for a price I am unaware of).

Thanks for the suggestion to not lift this unit by the top. The fellow I purchased it from is delivering it to me so I'll be sure to forward this information to them. Neither he nor I really knew much about the machine as the bandsaw and dust collection system was left in their possession when a business closed down next door and moved on.

I am excited that I made what sounds like a good purchase and look forward to getting this unit tuned up and running with a fresh blade. Thank's for the feedback everyone.

No, that's a horrible deal for you...I could take those off your hands for the 600.00.
    Haha, just kidding, sound like you scored big time. Congrats

You have every reason to be pleased and even proud. Phenomenal deal! Well done!
    Fred
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-05-2018 at 9:13 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That saw probably weighs 800-1000 pounds so be careful they are very top heavy.
    Bill
    the following may help.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...00-lb-band-saw

Some folks might refer to you as a "thief" for that deal. The saw is the kicker...it's a very expensive tool that you got for less than a song. Really...price out a 24" Italian made band saw from SCM/Minimax, Felder, Laguna, etc. The dust collector is just a basic machine that does what it does.

Congratulations all around!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It weighs right at 600 lbs. Very nice saw, I know because I own one. It is indeed a lifetime saw. Enjoy your new saw.