Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adapter to combine 3.5 mm left & right male speaker output to 3.5mm female stereo

Lee Schierer,

The center pale green socket is the standard stereo output, so the connection to the speakers will originate as a 3.5mm stereo plug. Typically, computer speakers will simply have a single 3.5mm plug that connects to the speaker that has the amplifier in it. The amp/speaker then has an output to the other speaker.

On some speakers that have the amplifier in a subwoofer unit, the 3.5mm stereo will split into L and R RCA:

3.5mm Mini Plug to 2 RCA Female Audio Stereo Adapter 6 inch NEW

And I use a connector like that one.

What is the speaker connection like on your set?

Alan Caro

Blog Entries
    So what does the light blue jack do?

I connected the stereo speaker plug to the green jack and do in fact get stereo output. If I plug into the blue jack, I get nothing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The light blue one, based on the icon, is an input, not an output. David mentioned that in his comment on the previous page.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    So what does the light blue jack do?

I connected the stereo speaker plug to the green jack and do in fact get stereo output. If I plug into the blue jack, I get nothing.
    Lee,

This the standard coding for computer audio connections:

green = stereo output, front channels
    black = stereo output, rear channels
    grey = stereo output, side channels
    gold = dual output, center and subwoofer
    blue = stereo input, line level
    pink = mono microphone input

That is showing the cores for a system for a soundcard with surround sound: 2X front, center or subwoofer, 2X side, and 2X rear speakers

The blue socket is a stereo line level input. If you wanted to record a CD to the computer, that would be the place to connect the CD player output.

Alan