Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Bandsaw Blades

Where to buy Bandsaw Blades

I am looking for good source to buy bandsaw blades I need some for resawing and also for green wood sawing for bowl blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Baxter View Post
    I am looking for good source to buy bandsaw blades I need some for resawing and also for green wood sawing for bowl blanks.
    I like sawblade.com
    Dennis

Old woodworker, engraver, sometime fisherman (to justify all the tackle I own)
    Saw Stop Professional table saw, Delta drill press, Rikon band saw, Jet lathe, Rigid jointer and planner, and most air, hand tools made!
    Epilog 45 Helix, Trotec Speedy 360, Bengal plotter, Sublimation printer.

I used Timber Wolf, they sell assortment packs for green and dry wood:
    http://timberwolfblades.com/Blade-Selector.php#3
    Owner - Christopher and Co. Woodcraft and Design

I have had great luck with the woodturners blade from Highland woodworking.They are half again as thick as regular blades so won't break nearly as easy.

I like the Lenox blades from toolcenter.com
    Diemaster 2 for dry wood
    #32 Wood for wet wood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Try Ellis saw Blades, 1-800-383-5547. Just call and tell them what length and tpi you need. Great Blades and service at a affordable price.

Where to buy the blades depends on what kind of saw you have (and therefore what kind of blades would work best).

If you have a standard 14" saw that's one thing; 24" would be something else entirely.

Thanks for your help

Best place I have found is http://www.woodcraftbands.com/

Another possibility - Supercut bandsaw. One day I'm going to try their resaw blades.

http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/products.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blasic View Post
    Best place I have found is http://www.woodcraftbands.com/
    I have purchased from these folks for years and the service and quality is excellent, as is the pricing.

Left click my name for homepage link.

When I got my first bandsaw, 25 years ago, and before I was a turner, a house building contractor told me to go to a local saw shop and talk to the guy in the back. Best thing I ever did... I have been using the Lennox bimetal diemaster blades ever since. They make them to length. The thing about the bimetal blades is that they cut longer and straighter than any other blade I have seen, and when friends try them, they switch. They can be sharpened, again at a local saw shop very cheaply, and I can usually get several sharpenings with them. Eventually they break. Money wise, they cost more, but I get way more back from the money spent than I do if I get the cheap blades. I did see some one post about pallet cutting blades which are bimetal, and they use M42HSS for the teeth. Not sure what the Lennox uses. For sure if I hit a nail, it slows it down a little, but doesn't ruin the blade, and they can be resharpened. Tell whoever you buy your blades from what you are cutting and they will tell you what you need..

robo hippy

Suffolk Machine's Timberwolf blades have always been great for me.
    Change One Thing

George, I used the Timberwolf blades for 2-3 years until I switched to the ones sold by Woodcraftbands. I prefer them to the Timberwolf, but that is just my impression. I would point out that Woodcraftbands also sells the Lenox bimetal blades.

Left click my name for homepage link.

I tried Woodcraft Bands for my last order, and was very impressed with the quality of the blades received and the service during the sale. I will purchase from then next time, no question.