Thread: Engraving on Nambe metal products

Engraving on Nambe metal products

Has anyone laser engraved any nambe metal products? Can cermark be used to engrave on these metal products?

Thanks
    Deeb

Never heard of them, but this is directly off their website:

Most Nambé alloy and crystal items can be personalized.

Our crystal items are personalized through a process called laser etching, which produces a result very similar to sandblasting. We create a high-resolution image of your message and turn it over to our personalization experts, who use a computerized laser to create your message onto the surface of your Nambé purchase.

For our Nambé Alloy products, the laser-etch process is followed by sandblasting for impressively sharp edges.
    So my guess would be a fiber would work and you'll probably get mixed results with cermark.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Keith,

Thanks for your response. We don't have a fiber so I think I will pass.

Nambe is just an aluminum alloy trying to be fancy... I have marked them with my fiber but doubt you'll have much luck with Cermark, too much metal that acts as a very good heat sink. If you have at least 80 watts you might be able to do it but I'd do some testing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Nambe is just an aluminum alloy trying to be fancy... I have marked them with my fiber but doubt you'll have much luck with Cermark, too much metal that acts as a very good heat sink. If you have at least 80 watts you might be able to do it but I'd do some testing first.
    This was my suspicion, but i didn't want to guess just based on the look and descriptions.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8