Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tablesaw blade storage ideas

Tablesaw blade storage ideas

How do all you guys store tablesaw blades. Please post pics of storage boxes or solutions that work for you. Thanks,Mike.

Blog Entries
    I've been through three tablesaws but, am still using this simple fixture.

saw-blade-holder-2011.jpg
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 01-01-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I keep the few extras I have in my sanding cabinet on a shelf; in a box if I have it for the particular blade. I don't have a lot of them because I generally use a combination blade for most cuts.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A couple of screws driven into the wall near the saw. Each screw holds several blades. It's not like I need to store a bunch of blades. There's usually a combo blade on the saw, and a rip blade hanging on the wall. There's an aluminum-cutting blade I use rarely, and a steel plywood blade with lots of teeth for thin stuff like sawn veneer. That's it.
    Last edited by Jamie Buxton; 01-02-2018 at 9:56 AM.

I got the inspiration for this one somewhere on the net. It was a fun project and served me well. It went with my Unisaw when I downsized and now regret it. I built it so that it could hold my dado stack blades, but they never made it in to the box for some reason.
    Blade Storage Box 1.jpgBlade Storage Box 2.jpg
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 01-02-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    Dick Mahany.

I have ended up with way to many blades. It is a by product of my tablesaw buying addiction. I am constantly buying and selling saws,so now I am trying to thin out my herd. I have two triple chip 80 tooth blades one melamine 80 tooth,one 30 tooth rip, 2-40 toothATB, one 50 tooth combo ,3-60 tooth negative angle mitre saw blades .These are the keepers. I also have 5 thin kerf blades that I will probably sell. I have to finish the process to become a contributor here on SMC and will post my blades on the classified section. I like that cabinet-drawer that you had Dick. I am leaning toward a box of some type, but also like the idea of "sleeves" that would stay on my blades,like record jackets. I will probably combine those two ideas somehow. Thanks for the replies,Mike.

Table saw blades in my shop are stored in film shippers gotten from our local library when they were selling them off several years ago due to not shipping films anymore :

saw blade storage 1.jpg

They're perfect for sending blades off to be sharpened, as well.

I use a 10" saw blade bag.... note that I do not change blades often and I do not have a large number of blades.

https://www.amazon.com/WoodRiver-10-.../dp/B003A04UKI

Do not know where I bought it....

Looks like Yonak owns some shares in a blade company too ! I like those containers,will have to see if I can find any locally.

I made up a little cabinet the hangs on the wall. I used to have a couple of screws to hang the blades, but got tired of knicking my fingers when I pulled a blade off.
    WP_20170401_17_00_04_Pro.jpg

I have a simple drawer unit that rolls under the table. A couple narrow drawers for push sticks, dado, etc. One tall drawer, where blades are kept, upright, with masonite spacers between each for tooth protection. There are also a couple stationary dividers to keep types of blades separated. I must have 40 blades in that drawer.

The unit is about 14" wide, whatever height fits under the table, and 24" deep.

Simple, cheap, and easy to find the right blade. You just leaf through them like a filing cabinet.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    Right there on the wall or floor.....IMG_0806.jpg

I like that Dick. I started to say that I don't have that many blades, but, counting in the RA saw blades, it probably adds up to that many. Make another one because life's too short for fixable regrets.
    David

Way, way too organized Yonak, even for my German blood.
    David

Mine are in a drawer under my Ryobi BT-3100. The drawer has a thick bottom and 1/2 inch dowels sticking out for extra blades and my dado set. I have thin plywood discs separating the blades and keeping the carbide teeth from touching.