Thanks everyone for the replys. here is what I use. It was a HP C7280 all in one and worked very well for about 5 years I am guessing because do not remember buying it. Old age thing I print many copies for projects I work on. I do use color for background and for photos to be used in pen making. This copier has done well. The cartridge thing is high I agree and have tried the third party stuff but just not the same so I stay away from. I buy them at Walmarts because Cosco does not carry my number. I do send and receive Fax for business use. Still something needed and yes not as much. I do print in black as much as I can to save color ink. I do not waste ink from dried out that is for sure. I believe there is a sensor or something on cartridges that tell the printer when it is outdated but that does not mean it is out of ink. I have a friend who is looking into this. I go to Fed X when need to make many multiple copies of patterns because it saves wear and tear on home copier. Also if I need to enlarge to 11x17 and bigger.

I will look into some of these suggestions and if I get one for $100 and last 5, 6 years I will be happy. I hate having to throw away the good ink cartridges I just bought. If i could get this thing to turn on I probably would not be writing this. Need to take it apart I guess. I called HP for suggestions but they want to charge me $28 for consultation. That is not happening. Thanks again.