Thread: RIP Sue Grafton

RIP Sue Grafton

Has not been widely reported, and many may not know who she is, but Sue Grafton passed away a few days ago. She wrote the Alphabet Mysteries series of books. Just had the letter Y published this fall.

My wife and I enjoyed her books over the years. In fact we named our youngest after Grafton's main character, Kinsey Millhone. The name seemed to fit and still does.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    Has not been widely reported, and many may not know who she is, but Sue Grafton passed away a few days ago. She wrote the Alphabet Mysteries series of books. Just had the letter Y published this fall.
    My wife and I enjoyed her books over the years. In fact we named our youngest after Grafton's main character, Kinsey Millhone. The name seemed to fit and still does.
    Oh no. My wife is sad. She has read all of the books except "Y".

JKJ

I just put "Y" on the waiting list for my Kindle at the Library. I am number 87, it is a shame there will never be a Z.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

"I just put "Y" on the waiting list for my Kindle at the Library. I am number 87, it is a shame there will never be a Z."

It is. Sue Grafton was adamant that her books would not be turned into TV or movies and that a ghost writer never be used. Her daughter said that as of now, the alphabet ends with Y.

I have not read Y yet, but will.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

I helped my SIL collect the full series then I get to read them

Blog Entries
    My wife just finished "Y" she has read every single one.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Very sad. My wife and I started with A Is For Alibi and read as they came out. After our son was born, we didn’t make the time anymore. We need to go back and read the later books.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"